Wednesday, November 17, 2010

some big news . . .

i've been keeping some exciting news quiet for
nearly 18 months now . . .
but i think the adventure can be revealed today

mid last year anthropologie
contacted me, interested in working with me
on a range of my poetry vessels
and after much conversation and working through
ideas i agreed and have been working
with them through this year . . .

you may remember this post . . .
miss jen is holding one of the sample vessels
in prototype stage . . .

it is an interesting thing, being a maker
and letting the work be reproduced . . .

there has been some thoughts of
'should i' but the thought of having my words and work
sprinkled through peoples homes,
on vessels that they use day to day
made it an easy decision in the end . . .

but most of all
at every step of the way
the commitment and respect anthropologie have shown
both myself and my work
has made working with the team such a delight

there will be three vessels in the first range
with a point of difference to my one off pieces,
a colour way especially for anthropologie,
with the text in blue . . .

also in tribute to the blue and white tradition . . .
( and lets face it, i use the word blue in a lot of my poetry too )

there is a platter, a large bowl, and a small dish

anyway, we are nearly ready for production to
begin and the range of vessels will
hopefully be available in the new year . . .
in the mean time, and as an extra and
very exciting part to this story
and why i wanted to tell you all today . . .

anthropologie have also purchased, and are now selling
in their stores and online
both my poetry books

i will be keeping you up to date
when the release of when the ceramic range is in store . . .

it is being produced in italy, and all year
the studio gals and i muse about
how nice it would be to have a site visit . . .
maybe i'll end up in new york one of these days
just to walk into one of their amazing stores and see my work
on their shelves . . .

a few dear friends have known of this news
( and a big thank you also to my dear sister
and all those who have offered great advice )

but now it is so nice to share it with you all
and i have to say
seeing the books on the anthro sight today
really made my day

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP